How Can I Get Involved?
Please use the form below to begin the volunteer onboarding process if you would like to volunteer.
What Happens At Our Thrift Center?
Preparing Your Donation
Keep these tips in mind when making your donation piles:
– Wash clothes before donating. Also, don’t donate an item with a stain you know cannot be removed.
– Clean household items before donating. No one wants to buy a coffee maker encrusted with grounds.
– Check electronics to make sure they are in working order. The Thrift Center cannot make repairs to electronics that are not in working order.
– Make sure items include all parts and pieces. If too many pieces are missing, consider finding other ways to repurpose your item instead of handing it off to the Thrift Center.
– Pack breakable items with care. We value your items and do not want them to break, especially if we don’t know a fragile item is in the same bag/box as other items.
Items we do not accept
- Air Conditioners
- Blinds all types
- Building supplies of ANY type
- Built-In Appliances
- Carpet or Padding
- Curtain rods, Drapery Rods, Drapes
- Doors & Door Frames
- Fencing (all kinds)
- Furnaces/Wall Heaters
- Garbage Disposals
- Jacuzzis/Hot Tubs
- Plumbing Fixtures: Sinks, Toilets, Bathtubs, Shower doors
- Water Heaters or softeners
HAZARDOUS or SAFETY ISSUES
- Batteries / Car Parts, including tires and wheels
- Guns, Firearms, and Ammunition
- Hazardous Materials of ANY type
- Insecticides, Paint, or other toxic materials
- Propane Tanks
- Refrigerators due to freon
- Medical supplies such as hand sanitizer, masks, etc.
LARGE OR BULKY ITEMS
- Hospital Beds
- Mattresses (spring or memory foam)
- Office cubicles
- Office Machines, Copiers
- Satellite Dishes
- Swing Sets or Playground Equipment